CGN2 is a NAT-capable cable modem and wireless access point that allows you to connect your computers, wireless devices, and other network devices to one another, and to the Internet via the cable connection.
Computers with a wired connection to the CGN2 are on the Local Area Network (LAN), computers with a wireless connection to the CGN2 are on the Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) and the CGN2 connects to the service provider over the Wide Area Network (WAN).
The CGN2 provides:
- Internet connection to cable modem service via CABLE port (F-type RF connector)
- Local Area Network connection via four 10/100/1000 Mbps (mega bits per second) Ethernet ports
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) for devices on the LAN *LAN troubleshooting tools (Ping and Traceroute)
- IEEE 802.11b/g/n wireless MIMO (Multiple-In, Multiple-Out) networking, allowing speeds of up to 300Mbps ●
- Wireless security: WEP, WPA-PSK and WPA2-PSK encryption, Wifi Protected Setup (WPS) push-button and PIN configuration, MAC filtering
- Wired security: stateful inspection firewall with intrusion detection system, IP and MAC filtering, port forwarding and port triggering, De-Militarized Zone (DMZ) and event logging
- Parental control: scheduled website blocking and access logs
- Settings backup and restore
- Secure configuration interface, accessible by Web browser